Hospital Wing’s paramedic staff now includes 15 flight paramedics.
The qualifications for our flight paramedics are:
- Current Paramedic License in the States of TN, MS and AR and National Registry
- Minimum of 5 years experience in paramedic pre-hospital experience including 2-3 years experience with an advanced life support, high volume service.
- Preferably one year employment in a hospital setting with emergency or intensive care experience
- Must maintain current BLS, ACLS and PALS provider certifications.
- Must maintain current ITLS or PHTLS certifications.
- NRP (Neonatal Resuscitation Program) within 6 months of hire
- Certification in FP-C or CCEMT-P
- Must maintain weight of 220 lbs or less.
Once hired at Hospital Wing, new crew members go through vigorous orientation lasting approximately 3 months. Orientation includes two weeks of initial classroom training followed by hospital clinical rotations, cadaver lab training, simulated flights, and multiple 3rd party flight shifts with an assigned preceptor. The flight crew at Hospital Wing are trained in advanced procedures and transport many types of patients: trauma, cardiac (including balloon pumps), pediatric, neuro, burn, and other types of medical patients.