Patients with any of the following findings:
- Penetrating trauma to the abdomen, pelvis, chest, neck, or head
- Spinal cord or spinal column injury, or any injury producing paralysis of an extremity.
- Partial or total amputation of an extremity.
- Two or more long bone fractures or a major pelvic fracture.
- Crushing injury to abdomen, chest or head
Mechanism of Injury
- Vehicle rollover with unrestrained passengers.
- Pedestrian Struck at > 10 miles per hour
- Falls from > 15 feet
- Motorcycle Victims
Transport time to appropriate receiving hospital by ground > transport time by helicopter.
Major burns of large surface area; burns involving face, hands, feet, or perineum; burns with respiratory involvement; major electrical burns; chemical burns.
Adult patients with any of the following abnormalities:
- Systolic BP < 90
- Respiratory rate < 10 or > 35/minute
- Heart rate < 60 or > 120/minute
- Unresponsive to verbal stimuli
- Cardiac, medical, neurological and surgical emergencies